Etchings Institutions search term: gutekunst
The Wine Glass
|Size:||83 x 55 mm|
|Signed:||'Whistler' at lower left|
|No. of States:||2|
|Catalogues:||K.27; M.27; T.28; W.31|
|Impressions taken from this plate (40)|
- Kennedy, Edward G., The Etched Work of Whistler, New York, 1910 (cat. no. 27) 'The Wine-Glass'.
- Mansfield, Howard, A Descriptive Catalogue of the Etchings and Dry-Points of James Abbott McNeill Whistler, Chicago, 1909 (cat. no. 26) 'The Wine-Glass'.
- Thomas, Ralph, A Catalogue of the Etchings and Drypoints of James Abbott MacNeil Whistler, London, 1874 (cat. no. 28) 'Wine Glass'.
- Wedmore, Sir Frederick, Whistler's Etchings: a Study and a Catalogue, London, 1886 (cat. no. 31) 'The Wine Glass'.
- Etchings and Dry Points, The Union League Club, New York, 1881 (cat. nos. 46, 47) 'A Wine-Glass'.
- Exhibition of Etchings, Drypoints. and Lithographs by Whistler, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1898 (cat. no. 30) 'The Wine Glass'.
- An Exhibition of Etchings and Lithographs of James McNeill Whistler, The Caxton Club, 1900 (cat. no. 31 ) 'The Wine Glass'.
- Exhibition of Etchings by James McNeill Whistler, Obach and Co., London, 1903 (cat. no. 35) 'The Wine Glass'.
- A Collection of Etchings and Dry Points by Whistler recently acquired, H. Wunderlich and Co., New York, 1903 (cat. no. 26).
- Oil Paintings, Water Colors, Pastels and Drawings: Memorial Exhibition of the Works of Mr. J. McNeill Whistler, Copley Society, Copley Hall, Boston, February 1904 (cat. no. 26) 'The Wine Glass'.
- Etchings and Dry-Points by James McNeill Whistler, The Grolier Club, New York, 1904 (cat. no. 33) 'The Wine Glass'.
- Memorial Exhibition of the Works of the late James McNeill Whistler, First President of The International Society of Sculptors, Painters and Gravers, New Gallery, Regent Street, London, 1905 (cat. no. 31) 'The Wine Glass'.
REVIEWS 1855- 1905
GENERAL 1906- PRESENT
- Prosaic Views, Poetic Vision, University of Michigan Museum of Art, Ann Arbor, 1996 (cat. no. 9).
- Drawing Near. Whistler Etchings from the Zelman Collection, Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 1984 (cat. no. 70a).
- Lochnan, Katharine A., The Etchings of James McNeill Whistler, New Haven and London, 1984 , pp. 59-60, 278 (no. 30).
- Pennell, Elizabeth Robins, and Joseph Pennell, The Life of James McNeill Whistler, 2 vols, London and Philadelphia, 1908 , p. 217.